Thursday, August 12, 2010

back to school

i can't believe that summer is almost over for me. i move back to bham on the 22nd, which means the end of summer anxiety is fully kicking in. i can't say that its any easier to be in bham than at home, its just different. i'm nervous about trying to get back into a routine, i HATE (with a passion) packing, and most of all, i'm anxious about leaving my family to be back at school. in the midst of this anxiety however, i've realized just how blessed i am. i have two separate but equally wonderful communities, one at home and one at school- consisting of some of the most wonderful people i know. i absolutly LOVE my family. not just my dad and sister, but also my aunts and uncles, grandparents, and cousins. things are always interesting, and even in the worst situations, there somehow manages to be laughter. i have an amazing boyfriend, who is also my best friend (besides my sis of course.), and his wonderful family who has definitley gone above and beyond to love and care for me. then, there are my friends and my church family, who have been there through the best and worst. if i only had my community at home, i would still be one of the most fortunate people in the world. but thankfully, i have a community in bham that has loved and cared for me in ways that cannot be expressed. my college years (all 2 of them) have been the hardest years of my life, yet somehow also the most beautiful. i've found friends that i feel like i've known my whole life, shared lots of laughter and fun, with quite a few tears mixed in with amazing sorority sisters, and have found a community of believers that have helped me to grow in my faith despite my crazy circumstances. the transition for home to school is never easy, but i'm so thankful that no matter where i am, i'm never alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment